18-year-old is put into an artificial coma, doctors suspect that she smoked too much e-cigarette


E-cigarettes have been on the market since about 2003 and many smokers chose them because they thought it was a healthier alternative to cigarette smoking.

These electric cigarettes do not contain tar on the one hand and, on the other hand, companies claim that they are safe. But they always remained guilty of this assertion.

Instead, the increasing number of children who smoke e-cigarettes has become a social health problem.

Now an 18-year-old who has been doing vaping daily for the last three years is fighting for her life after feeling sick at the beginning of the year and complaining of back pain and kidney pain.

In recent months, there have been several alarming reports of young people suffering from significant lung damage that can be linked to e-cigarettes.

According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, about 200 people in the USA have suffered from respiratory diseases after e-cigarettes.

Maddie Nelson, 18, from Utah, USA, is the last known victim.

The teenager was last taken to hospital because she had trouble breathing.

Source: GoFundMe

Doctors tried to give her oxygen, but it failed. As she fought for her life, X-rays showed that her lungs had suffered enormous damage. The doctors then had no choice but to put her in an artificial coma.

“The situation deteriorated from serious to potentially life-threatening,” Maddie’s sister Andrea told Metro.

On August 1, Maddie was officially diagnosed after two bronchoscopies, according to her sister.

The tests had shown that the 18-year-old suffers from acute eosinophilic pneumonia – a rare disease in which white blood cells develop in the lungs due to inflammation.

Source: Facebook

“Doctors are assuming it has some electronic vaporizing paraphernalia to do, including “safe” alternatives like smoking an e-cigarette.”

Three days after Maddie was taken out of her artificial coma and now she can breathe on her own again.

Still, she needs oxygen at night because of the tightness in her chest.

Now it is Maddie’s concern to warn other people of the dangers of vaping and encourage them to stop as soon as possible before it is too late.

“I share my story to make you all aware that something crazy is going on in these cigarets ┬áthat is not safe and almost cost my life,” she wrote.

Source: GoFundMe

“I have always said to myself that this will not happen to me, but it can and will happen to you… take my advice, don’t smoke, don’t vape. #vape # stopthevape.”

Maddie’s story went viral after another young person died because of the electronic cigarets.

Despite these warnings, Vaping is being promoted as a “safe way to smoke”.

And that has nothing to do with the truth.

“We only have evidence of short-term use, and it’s definitely dangerous. I think we need to be more vigilant,” said Doctor Aaron Scott of the University of Birmingham.

“The bottom line is that there is still a risk of lung cancer, and we must not bury our heads in the sand and focus only on the benefits of helping people quit smoking.”

Source: Facebook

Share this story to warn other people!


Like it? Share with your friends!

Choose A Format
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals